1. Cardio-Renal Syndrome: Mechanisms of kidney dysfunction and cardiac hypertrophy characterizing hear failure.
Heart Failure, Natriuretic Peptides, and Corin
- Neurohormones (RAAS) vs. Natriuretic Peptides (NP)
- Corin, activated by PCSK6, converts NPs to their active form.
- Active ANP/BNP promotes diuresis, natriuresis, vasodilation
and prevents cardiac remodeling.
- High levels of NPs, yet low or no activity.
- While some studies show that corin is upregulated in HF, additional studies claim the opposite.
- No data concerning the status of PCSK6 in HF or CRS.
Our research question
- To assess the alterations in Corin in HF (Upregulation/Downregulation)? How does it contribute to cardio-renal syndrome?
- To examine the involvement of PCSK6 and Corin in the heart and kidney tissues, simultaneously.
Pages: 1 2